Accredited Exercise Physiologists (EPs) are university qualified allied health professionals. They plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programs for people with chronic medical conditions or after an accident, injury or surgery and for people who have a disability.
Exercise Physiology may help improve
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Balance and mobility
- Weight loss and management
Warm water exercises can help strengthen muscles and improve balance and flexibility. Hydrotherapy provides a comfortable and supportive environment for the treatment of many conditions where stretching, strengthening and functional retraining is required.
Hydrotherapy has been shown to be beneficial for people living with the following conditions:
- Back and neck pain
- Joint pain
- Following orthopaedic surgery including joint replacements and spinal surgery
- Neurological conditions like Multiple Sclerosis
- Women’s Health conditions including for Prenatal women
We offer supervised sessions and minimal supervised sessions following a Physiotherapy hydrotherapy assessment.
For all outpatient services, please call (02) 4389 9467 to make an appointment.
A portion of your service may be covered under your private health insurance extras cover. Please check with your private health insurer if you are unsure of your cover.
We accept cash, MasterCard, Visa and EFTPOS is available.
After an initial examination to assess your needs, your physiotherapist will work with you to create a personalised treatment plan. A qualified physiotherapist is an expert in assessing someone’s ability to move and function effectively. They use scientific evidence to guide the examination and treatment of people with a wide range of conditions affecting muscles, joints, balance, coordination, the nervous system and your heart and lungs.
Physiotherapy treatment may include:
- Strengthening and injury prevention exercises
- Balance and coordination training
- Manual therapy (includes joint and soft tissue mobilisation)
- Dry needling
- Ergonomic advice
- Return to sport/activity plans
Often, a combination of the above techniques will be required to help you achieve your goals. Your physiotherapist will continue to re-assess you throughout your treatment program, upgrading you along the way.
Women's Health Physiotherapy
We are pleased to offer Women’s Health Physiotherapy services through Ramsay Health Plus operating at Mt Wilga Private Hospital in Hornsby.
Our services include:
- Treatment for pre and post natal women for a range of conditions include back and pelvic pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, incontinence and rehabilitation post-caesarean
- Prenatal Aqua Exercise Classes
- Pelvic floor muscle training for a range of conditions including urinary incontinence, faecal incontinence, pelvic floor prolapse and in pre and postnatal women
- Exercise prescription for women of all ages including post-menopausal women
- Treatment for Pelvic Pain