Visitors and Carers
Caring for a loved one or friend with a mental illness can present many challenges, but it can also be very rewarding. We are committed to involving carers in our programs and there are a number of carer support groups within the Clinic and in the community.
Carer support groups provide:
- Support and networking through linking carers with each other.
- Education and information on mental and physical illnesses as well as:
- managing in your role as a carer
- knowing when to step back
- caring for yourself whilst you are caring for another.
- A link with external support agencies for both you and your loved one.
Further details are available in the Carer’s Pack provided upon admission that includes the Carers brochure.
Visiting times are 10:00am until 8:00pm daily.
As we are sure you appreciate, it is important for patients to attend the group therapy program. Please arrange visiting times around group sessions.
Official Visitors are appointed by the Minister for Health. They visit Berkeley Vale Clinic on a monthly basis. They talk to patients, inspect records and registers, report on the standards of facilities and services, liaise with staff about issues or concerns and report any problems to the Principal Official Visitor and/or the Minister for Health. If you do not see the Official Visitors during your stay and you wish to speak to them a letter can be left in the Official Visitor’s Box on the Ward.